Make those cold months more cozy with homemade winter sugar body scrub!
Winter is a really harsh season for the skin, so I made the tutorial for this winter sugar body scrub with that fact in mind. Although I’ve just purchased a brand new body scrub, I came to the idea of making one myself. This is a great last minute gift, it is really easy to make and it smells delicious. The brown sugar will exfoliate your skin and the coconut oil will give you moisture. Add cinnamon to that and your winter baths will be perfect.
Winter sugar body scrub
- 300 grams (1 1/2 cups) brown sugar
- 200 grams (about 1 1/2 – 2 cups) coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Glass jars with airtight lids
- Cardboard paper or labels and a pen/marker
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the vanilla paste and coconut oil. If the coconut oil is hard (depends on the temperature of your pantry), you can put it in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds, so that it softens.
- Mix everything until combined. You want to get a sugary paste out of this. Depending on the consistency, add more sugar or oil if needed.
- Put the scrub into jars and decorate any way you like.
This recipe makes two small jars of body scrub. One jar should last you a few months, so you don’t have to worry about it going bad. Double or triple the ingredients if you are making this for more people. I think your mom, sisters, coworkers, … will love it!