Now that you got my name and a cute photo of Peggy, let’s get into the blog.
Sugar Salted is my home online and not only are you invited to come by anytime, I hope you never want to leave. I started this recipe blog in the summer of 2014, because I’ve always enjoyed cooking and taking photographs, so I thought why not combine the two?
Originally, the blog was named after a nickname my mom had for me (Mitzy), but it has since evolved into Sugar Salted. Because that is what I am – a little bit of sugar, a little bit of salt. You’ll see that I am as obsessed with sweet recipes as I am with salty. I’m the person that will eat a salad first and then continue with a doughnut. Possibly a smoothie on the side.
It’s important for me to have balance, so I am as much pro-healthy as I am pro-comfort food and you’ll see that when you look at my recipes. I make food that can be enjoyed on a daily basis, but also share special occasion recipes.
I believe food is what brings people together. It makes us share our stories and helps create memories. I can only hope you can create some new memories with my recipes.
And if you do… do let me know. I love good stories more than anything, which is why you’ll so often see me talk about my favorite books, shows, … anything else that inspires me on a day-to-day basis.
A few random facts:
- Music and coffee are my fuel.
- Favorite food: anything with basil pesto; hummus; crepes with Nutella; tiramisu; pizza. Trying hard not to list everything under the sun.
- My life is ruled by my 3 cats – Peggy, Fergie and Kim. My boyfriend Rok keeps me sane.
- I live in Ljubljana, Slovenia. My name is atypical for this lil country, but I am indeed Slovene.
- I’m bilingual, but hope to master another language, someday. Maybe German?
- Autumn is my favorite season.
- Growing up, I wanted to be a singer and an actress. Also a writer and a painter.
- I am an only child. Welp.
Got a recipe question or request? Want to work with me? Have a product you know I’d love? Want to chat? … Reach me at alice (at) sugarsalted.com OR use this contact form.