I want to introduce you guys to my latest obsession: light coconut lime granola! It is my favorite kind right now and I can’t get enough!
I better knock on wood, but snow is officially gone. This winter was a good one, but I’m definitely ready to move on. We’ve also moved into Summer time, so we get one extra hour of light in the evenings. The fact that it’s still light out when the evening news come on is freaking me out a little bit, but in a good way. I was sitting in the car yesterday, when we went to the grocery store and I just couldn’t believe it. The clock on the radio, a neon 19:00 staring at me, the sky still a greyish blue. Crazy!
I absolutely love it though. I have to admit I was a bit tired for a few days, but I’m okay with that. Because I adore the longer evenings. All that’s on my mind right now are coconuts, limes, drinks, breezy days, coffee dates out in the sun.
Makes sense that I’m sharing this granola now, right? I know I already shared this apple granola, but the light coconut lime granola is a summer dream. It’s comforting and nutty, but still light at the same time. It has a delicate lime flavor, that addicting lime aroma we all love, but none of the sour taste. That is long gone by the time this is baked.
You’ll also notice I add some maple syrup to it, to cut the lime juice and to add some sweetness, but it’s very little syrup and nothing else! That’s all the sugar you need, no more.
Next we have both coconut oil and coconut flakes. The first adds some flavor, but is more necessary for baking. The flakes, however, I only add once the granola is baked, because they add that perfect, but mild, crunch to it. Another crunchy thing are the chopped pistachios, which are my current favorite type of nut, as well as puffed quinoa which turns into a little crispy treat when it bakes. SO GOOD.
And I just love how versatile this Light coconut lime granola is. I love to have it just with yogurt, but it works in milk too. You can add any kind of fruit to it and once the good berries start showing up at the store, I’m definitely throwing some blueberries in. Can you imagine it? Lime, coconut AND blueberries?! Just perfect.
Basically, what we have is a 7-ingredient, major flavor, spring and summer dream granola. You’ll think you’re chilling somewhere on Bali when you eat this.
Light coconut lime granola
Easy granola with seven main ingredients that give so much flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1/2 cups granola 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- 190g (2 cups) rolled oats
- 20g (1/2 cup) puffed quinoa
- 70g (1/2 cup) unsalted shelled pistachios, chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) melted coconut oil
- 60ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- zest of 2 organic limes
- juice of 1 lime
- 40g (1 heaping cup) coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F), line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, quinoa and pistachios. In another bowl, whisk together the oil, maple syrup, lime zest and juice. Pour wet ingredients over dry and stir until no dry bits are left. Spread out mixture on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir the granola and bake for another 5-10 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven, stir in coconut flakes and let cool completely. Transfer to an airtight jar and use within a week.