It’s a late Tuesday evening and as I write this post I have a cup of coffee on my left and my laptop on the right, playing me episode 6 from the first season of Gilmore Girls, which I am now watching for the 7th time. Or is it 6th? I always forget. Either way, some might say I’m a bit obsessed but watching GGs is a way of life, really.
And this yogurt berry swirl smoothie? Well, I had that for breakfast today. It’s my current favorite concoction and I usually either have it for breakfast or make it instead of dessert after dinner. If I do that I split the portion in two as it’s quite big.
I know I share a lot of smoothie recipes on here, the latest one being this yogurt banana cream smoothie but I can’t help it, they’re a staple in our home.
I guess once you make a smoothie no further recipes are needed, as the method is always the same and everything is based on personal taste. However, cooking to me isn’t just about making something new or overly complicated or impressive, it’s also about sharing ideas.
But I’m taking the lazy route, with a handful of ingredients, one blender and one jar, no freezing in-between or other complications. The whole beauty of a smoothie (rhyme totally unintended) is that you throw a bunch of stuff together and what you get is usually pretty, super tasty and good for you at the same time.
And in the case that swirls don’t excite you as much as me, just blend everything together right away. You will still get a beautiful, really sweet and berrylicious magenta smoothie.Print
Yogurt berry swirl smoothie
A super healthy, easy meal!
Recipe makes one 500ml (17 fl oz) smoothie.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 10 min
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Snacks
- 300g (1 cup) Greek yogurt (regular is okay too)
- 35g (1/4 cup) whole almonds
- 1 large or 2 medium frozen bananas
- 200g (7 oz or about 8 berries) fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons acai powder
- about 30g (1/4 cup) frozen wild blueberries + more for decorating
- In a blender combine yogurt and almonds. Blend on high until the almonds are completely pureed. Add the bananas and blend until the mixture is creamy. Pour half of the smoothie into a large glass or jar, set aside.
- Add strawberries to remaining smoothie and blend until smooth. Slowly pour half of this mixture into the glass on top of the “banana layer”.
- Lastly, add both acai powder and blueberries to the blender and blend until smooth. Pour into the glass. Take a straw and press it to the side of the jar, then start swirling until the layers come together. Add a few extra blueberries on top and enjoy!