Seven smoothies, one for each day of the week.
Plan ahead and make breakfast easy!
GREAT ADDITIONS OR SUBSTITUTIONS
– Orange juice or apple juice add great flavor to any smoothie.
– If you don’t like bananas try mangoes instead.
– Use any milk you like, almond milk or rice milk are both very tasty. Or even homemade macadamia milk
– Be more exotic and add coconut water.
– Greek yogurt adds texture and lovely rich flavor.
– For an extra kick add vanilla extract, cocoa powder or cinnamon.
– A teaspoon or tablespoon of any nut butter works really well in banana based smoothies.
– Feeling super healthy? Add a bit of maca, spirulina or wheatgrass powder.
While blueberries are in season, I prefer frozen blueberries for smoothies. I find this to be more economical and I save fresh blueberries for when I have yogurt for breakfast.
When making smoothies with frozen fruit instead of fresh they can be very, very cold and difficult to drink. You can make a smoothie more drinkable, and make things easier for your blender, if you warm your milk or water in the microwave first.