Remember the last smoothie recipe? Well, I actually didn’t make one that week, but two. I rarely make recipes ahead of time, I normally cook and post here in the same week, but making another smoothie was easy, sooo… here I am.
I did challenge myself a little bit by using dried fruit. Not that I hate it and I have used it in recipes before, but I don’t like to nibble on it as some people do. But dried fruit has its benefits so I took a leap of faith and put some dried apricots and cranberries in the smoothie. And they work!
I’ve actually had this a few times now and I really like it. And about the benefits? Well, dried apricots are a great source dietary fiber, they are rich in potassium which is essential for maintaining healthy blood pressure, they’re rich in vitamin A and iron. So much goodness in such a tiny piece of fruit!
Which is why this is a “magic” smoothie.
I just love this smoothie. It’s naturally sweet and such a healthy option for breakfast, which is when I usually have them, as you all know by now. It’s the quickest, easiest breakfast to make, it’s full of nutrients and it fills me up for hours.Print
Persimmon apricot magic smoothie
A healthy smoothie, great for breakfast!
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 large smoothie 1x
- Category: Snack
- 360 ml (1 1/2 cup) rice coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 medium banana
- 1 medium persimmon, top leaf removed, cut into chunks
- 4 dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add more milk if you want it thinner.
- Finely chop 2 dried cranberries for garnish (optional).