Cinnamon orange sugar scrub
An easy to make nourishing orange sugar scrub with coconut oil. Makes a great gift.
Recipe makes 2 small jars of sugar scrub.
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 2 jars
- Category: DIY, Beauty
- 145g (1/2 cup + 2 TBSPs) coconut oil
- 440g (2 cups) granulated sugar
- 6 drops orange essential oil
- zest of one orange (optional)
- 1/2-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 small glass jars (200ml or 9.8 fl oz each)
- white felt
- gift labels or white paper, cut into desired shape
- Combine sugar and coconut oil in a small bowl. Mix with a spatula until well combined and the mixture resembles a paste.
- Add essential oil, orange zest and as much of ground cinnamon as you wish (to get the color you want).
- Split into two jars (or use just one big jar if you wish) and cover with lids.
- To wrap, cut two felt circles, each twice as big as the size of a lid. Place them on top of each jar, tie a ribbon around along with a tag.
- Keep in a cool dark place until you are ready to give this as a gift. If you’re making this for yourself, you can easily keep the scrub at room temperature in the bathroom. It’ll keep for at least a month and up to a few months.
There’s a whole selection of essential oils you can try and adjust this body scrub to your taste. Plant therapy essential oils have a nice collection of winter/holiday scents. This Holiday oil sounds really nice.