Chocolate chip loaf cake
A tender, moist cake with a crunchy top and soft middle full of chocolate chips. Recipe makes one 9×5 loaf.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (150 ml) sunflower oil (or other neutral oil)
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 1/4 cups (300 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 oz (140g) chocolate chips (milk or semisweet)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 9×5 inch (23×13 cm) loaf pan with oil and line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix sugar and oil in a large bowl (or bowl of your stand mixer). Whisk in eggs one at a time, then mix in sour cream, vanilla and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour with baking powder. Then mix flour into the batter, at the lowest speed, just until there are no patches of flour left and the batter looks even. Don’t over mix it!
- Fold in 1/2 of the chocolate chips, then transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips and lightly press them into the batter with a spatula.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 55-65 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. (The top of the loaf should be brown, but not burned. If your loaf is taking longer to bake and you don’t want to burn the top, cover it with aluminum foil.)
- Allow baked cake to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then remove it from the pan and let it cool completely. Store uneaten cake at room temperature covered with foil or stored in an airtight container.
Keywords: quick bread, pound cake, chocolate chip recipes